How to prevent the brake drum from defects
The stomata is the main defect in the casting of bimetal brake drum, which is mainly distributed in the inner and outer wall of the brake drum. In order to get a complete brake drum casting, how to prevent it?
1. When casting brake drum casting, the superheat temperature during alloy melting should be reduced, and the contact time between alloy liquid and gas during smelting should be minimized.
2. Pay attention to the treatment of oxides and stains on the surface of steel parts, so the steel plate should be sandblasted; Remember to dry the steel parts.
3. In the combination of cast iron and steel parts, attention should be paid to the painting of degassing paint.
4. An exhaust (overflow) outlet is provided in the process to enable timely gas discharge in the cavity.
5. Shorten the time interval between the molding box and the casting, so as to prevent the steel parts from absorbing water from the casting mold.
The above five points are about prevention measures to avoid the appearance of brake air vents. I hope today's introduction will bring benefits to you. If you have any questions, you can call for advice.
Areas where the brake disc is not visible also need to be checked